One of the treatments Drs. Zubkov and Lomke offer to combat gum disease is ARESTIN®. This antibiotic treatment is designed to eliminate the harmful bacteria in your mouth. Please contact Zubkov Dental at 860-745-2712 for more information on ARESTIN in Enfield, Connecticut, and to schedule your consultation with one of our caring dentists.
ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride), is an antibiotic treatment for periodontal disease. It is applied in a powder form to the infected pockets of your gums following a scaling and root planing treatment. ARESTIN contains microspheres, or tiny particles, that are smaller than grains of sand. These particles are filled with medication, which is slowly released over a 30-day period to kill the disease-producing bacteria in your mouth. ARESTIN will fight infection and inflammation in your mouth for 30 days, and should provide significant improvement to the health of your gums within 90 days.
ARESTIN is most effective when combined with a good oral hygiene routine. After you have received your treatment at our office, we recommend that you follow these instructions:
- Avoid touching the affected areas of your gums for one week.
- Do not floss, use a toothpick, or use any other device to clean between your teeth in the areas that were treated with ARESTIN.
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy, or sticky foods for 1 week following your treatment. This includes things like carrots, taffy, and chewing gum.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will aid in the healing process.
- If you smoke or use other tobacco products, limit your use. We recommend that you consider quitting entirely.
- Return for all scheduled follow-up appointments to ensure that your gum disease does not return.
If you experience pain, swelling, or other problems in your gums, please contact our office immediately. If you have any further questions about ARESTIN®, we welcome you to call our practice to speak with one of our dentists or make an appointment at our office.